Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CIO
Valerie Melvin is the director of information management and human capital issues at GAO.
The role of the chief information officer continues to evolve under the Obama administration. Today's federal CIOs are expected not only to drive efficiency, transparency and strengthen information and network security, but also to implement the best technologies and practices to establish and maintain relationships with citizens.
CIOs face additional pressure from the conflicting objectives of their mission. Among them: How does one balance the demand for immediate, transparent access to information while maintaining security and privacy? How does one reduce IT spending while improving services? What is the role of the CIO within the agency and how does one operationalize it?
We'll ask today's panelists to share their views on how to meet these challenges as well as their priorities for the next year. We'll also ask them to share how they are meeting the demands of both the public and the Obama administration while serving as agents of change.
Tags: technology , Federal CIOs Drive High Performance in IT , CIO Panel , Accenture , Obama , transparency , IT , Tom Temin , Federal Drive , Federal Security Spotlight , David M. Wennergren , DoD , Michael Duffy , Treasury , Robert J. Carey , Navy
July 14th, 2009
Listen to this week's show to hear discussion topics including:
- The changing role of the CIO
- How IT has influenced CIOs
- The Obama Administration's focus on the CIO
- DorobekInsider: Management of Change panel: The changing role of the CIO
NASA is facing many challenges -- and has made many changes, especially when it comes to IT. Agency CIO Linda Cureton tells Federal News Radio more.
Balutis is now with Cisco's Internet Business Solutions Group, and today he takes a look back over the past decade during our ongoing series.
Paul Brubaker is a former fed and currently with Cisco's Internet Business Solutions Group North American Public Sector Practice. He explains why he thinks the past 10 years were full of 'missed opportunities'.
Director of Strategic Planning and Policy for the CIO at DoD Lloyd Thrower explains what his agency is doing.
WFED's Jason Miller has details.
Chad Fulgham, FBI executive assistant director and chief information officer, told Federal News Radio the Bureau will soon launch a new secure mobile platform.
March 24, 2011
This week, host Jason Miller talks with Diane Herdt about GSA's initiative to use technology to improve the energy efficiencies of the buildings the government owns.
November 18, 2010 (Encore Presentation)