Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CIO
In September 2010, the White House released its 25-point plan for IT reform, aimed at eliminating flailing programs, shifting to a "cloud first" policy and consolidating data centers.
Dorine Andrews, chief information officer at the Peace Corps, was nominated for creating a process-oriented approach to human capital management.
Chief Information Officer Jerry Horton said his agency is now linking its procurement and financial systems, among others, to take advantage of the large amounts of data USAID produces.
The report said cybersecurity contributed to some CIOs' reluctance to adopt mobility and cloud computing initiatives.
Shared services can mean anything from infrastructure consolidation to expanding operations services across a department or between agencies, sid Commerce Department's Chief Information Officer Simon Szykman in an interview with The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp.
Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton Carter has put out a new charter for the DoD CIO Executive Board. Carter says the goal is to make it the single senior forum for everything from information management to cybersecurity.
In the Department of Veterans Affairs, it took two years and a big culture change to raise the rate of on-time deliveries of IT projects from below 30 percent to just shy of 90 percent. But according to VA's CIO, those changes amount to his department giving itself its own budget increase.
Alan Balutis, senior director for Cisco's Business Solutions Group, and a former chief information officer at the Commerce Department, said, "If everything is important, nothing is important."
Dan Mintz, former Transportation Department CIO, found much to like in Steven VanRoekel's first major speech.