Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CHCO
Acting CHCO Sanders says human resources will play key role in helping agency transform. HR employees must provide insight similar to a consultant to help meet the agency's needs. USDA also must engage its employees so they feel like they are contributing to meeting the agency's mission.
While awaiting the Defense Business Board's final report on the National Security Personnel System, a former top fed in the Office of Personnel Management speaks out on the challenges ahead for President Obama and Defense Secretary Gates as they map out how to implement a better "pay-for-performance" program for the Pentagon. One that will win the support of federal labor unions which vehemently oppose the existing Rumsfeld-era NSPS.
The President's recently released budget message maps out a number of his priorities for the coming fiscal year. Among them, fixing the federal hiring process. A previous top fed at the Office of Personnel Management has some advice for the President and the new boss at OPM.