Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CHCO
Energy announces plans to host officials from several federal agencies to raise awareness and donations for the July collection of the "Feds Feed Families" nationwide food drive.
There's a new Chief Human Capital Officer on the job at the Department of Homeland Security.
Paul Rowson of WorldatWork recommended federal agencies make sure their HR staffs have training so they can hire the right people for the mission.
DoD is making progress in changing how it hires civilian employees. The Pentagon said the new process has been beneficial to the applicants as well as the hiring teams. Pat Tamburrino is the deputy assistant secretary of defense for civilian personnel policy
Tags: management , pay and benefits , DHS , Jeff Neal , Navy , Pat Adams , Ray Limon , CNCS , John Palguta , Partnership for Public Service , Scott Cameron , Grant Thornton , OPM , federal hiring , Kathryn Medina , Max Cacas
Women who work for the federal government, like their private sector counterparts, face unique challenges in balancing their personal lives with their careers. For the first time in its 6-year history, the Department of Homeland Security convened a diversity forum designed to give agency women an opportunity to discuss common challenges.
Acting CHCO Sanders says human resources will play key role in helping agency transform. HR employees must provide insight similar to a consultant to help meet the agency's needs. USDA also must engage its employees so they feel like they are contributing to meeting the agency's mission.
While awaiting the Defense Business Board's final report on the National Security Personnel System, a former top fed in the Office of Personnel Management speaks out on the challenges ahead for President Obama and Defense Secretary Gates as they map out how to implement a better "pay-for-performance" program for the Pentagon. One that will win the support of federal labor unions which vehemently oppose the existing Rumsfeld-era NSPS.
The President's recently released budget message maps out a number of his priorities for the coming fiscal year. Among them, fixing the federal hiring process. A previous top fed at the Office of Personnel Management has some advice for the President and the new boss at OPM.