Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CGI
In a letter to federal CIO Steve VanRoekel and federal CTO Todd Park, Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairmen want documents and information on whether the program went under a TechStat review and whether the White House made decisions that impacted the use of federal IT best practices.
Changes to federal agencies' IT operations are coming quicker than ever. And that means IT leaders need to be experts across a range of new and diverse areas — more than just boxes, bits and bytes. Barbara Fast, retired Army major general and senior vice president at CGI, and Molly O'Neill, former chief information officer of the Environmental Protection Agency and vice president at CGI, join In Depth to discuss the shifting role of the chief information officer.
GSA said the storm has not had an effect on the USA.gov and GobineroUSA websites, which are providing federal information related to Post-tropical Cyclone Sandy.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Molly O'Neill, former CIO at the EPA, explains why she thinks simply having a plan won't move agencies forward.
Fiscal 2011 technology budget request is $79 billion and Vivek Kundra says that will address several challenges, including closing the gap between the private and public sector. GSA will run new apps store for handheld devices. OMB will lead the review of troubled IT programs.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Howard Schmidt , OMB , VA , EPA , GSA , Apple , cybersecurity , 2011 budget , IT Dashboard , mobile computing , TechStat , program management , PMAS , HSPD-12 , identity management
The $1.8 million dollar deal is the first under GSA's governmentwide infrastructure-as-a-service contract.
Roy Bernardi has joined CGI
Just-retired DoD Secretary Robert Gates issued a recent memo announcing his decision about how DISA and the chief information officer's office will change. Gates said DoD will dis-establish the Networks Integration and Information office.
Tags: ACT-IAC , OMB , management , Jory Heckman , Andrew McLauchlin , cloud computing , financial management , technology , Robert Gates , Jason Miller , DoD , DISA , Teri Takai , Trey Hodgkins , CIO , people