Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CGI
In a letter to federal CIO Steve VanRoekel and federal CTO Todd Park, Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairmen want documents and information on whether the program went under a TechStat review and whether the White House made decisions that impacted the use of federal IT best practices.
Changes to federal agencies' IT operations are coming quicker than ever. And that means IT leaders need to be experts across a range of new and diverse areas — more than just boxes, bits and bytes. Barbara Fast, retired Army major general and senior vice president at CGI, and Molly O'Neill, former chief information officer of the Environmental Protection Agency and vice president at CGI, join In Depth to discuss the shifting role of the chief information officer.
GSA said the storm has not had an effect on the USA.gov and GobineroUSA websites, which are providing federal information related to Post-tropical Cyclone Sandy.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Molly O'Neill, former CIO at the EPA, explains why she thinks simply having a plan won't move agencies forward.
Fiscal 2011 technology budget request is $79 billion and Vivek Kundra says that will address several challenges, including closing the gap between the private and public sector. GSA will run new apps store for handheld devices. OMB will lead the review of troubled IT programs.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Howard Schmidt , OMB , VA , EPA , GSA , Apple , cybersecurity , 2011 budget , IT Dashboard , mobile computing , TechStat , program management , PMAS , HSPD-12 , identity management
The $1.8 million dollar deal is the first under GSA's governmentwide infrastructure-as-a-service contract.
Roy Bernardi has joined CGI
Just-retired DoD Secretary Robert Gates issued a recent memo announcing his decision about how DISA and the chief information officer's office will change. Gates said DoD will dis-establish the Networks Integration and Information office.
Tags: ACT-IAC , OMB , management , Jory Heckman , Andrew McLauchlin , cloud computing , financial management , technology , Robert Gates , Jason Miller , DoD , DISA , Teri Takai , Trey Hodgkins , CIO , people