Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CFO Act
Nearly 23 years after the seminal CFO Act became law, agencies have met its spirit and intent, experts say. CFOs today quickly are becoming more than just number crunchers. They are now masters of data analytics aimed at improving agencies' missions.
Building on the foundation of the Accounting and Auditing Act of 1950, Congress has increased the oversight and transparency of government spending over the years.
A special House panel finds DoD's audit plan is credible, but successful implementation will depend on commitment of Defense components and future leaders.
Tags: DoD , Congress , House Armed Services Committee , management , financial management , Auditability , CFO , Robert Hale , Mike Conaway , Adam Smith , financial improvement and readiness plan , statement of budgetary resources , Senior Executives Service , workforce , budget , Jared Serbu , DoD Report
Robert Dacey, the Government Accountability Office's chief accountant, breaks down the reasons why GAO was unable to render an opinion on the federal government's consolidated financial report.
Texas Democrat's bill would modernize how the government appropriates, measures funding. Agency progress with financial management oversight improves slightly, but still no consolidated audit opinion.
Tags: mngt , Henry Cuellar , Diana Watson , Gene Dodaro , Richard Gregg , DHS , DoD , NASA , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , GAO , Treasury , Army Corps of Engineers , financial management , audit opinion , Performance based budgeting
Alvin Tucker of the American Society of Military Comptrollers explains the challenges to reform financial management.
OMB controller understands why average citizens are simply not interested in the typical agency financial statement.
The federal government's top accountant says it's time for agencies to transform the way they report on their financial health. It all starts with citizens demanding to know how their tax dollars are being spent.