Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CFO
Federal chief financial officers say financial management shared services make a lot of sense, as long as it's for someone else. A new Federal News Radio survey of CFOs and deputy CFOs finds a majority of respondents aren't likely to move to a shared services provider in the next five years. Federal News Radio's executive editor Jason Miller joined Tom Temin on the Federal Drive with details about the survey results.
Martha Rubenstein, the National Science Foundation's chief financial officer, joins Federal News Radio for a free online chat.
A new survey by the Association of Government Accountants and Grant Thornton finds federal CFOs and their staffs have only enough time, money and know-how to do the basics around financial management. Agency financial managers are frustrated with having to face ever-increasing mandates with fewer people.
A new Federal News Radio survey finds agency financial managers have moved up to the next level and are using information and performance metrics to inform their decision making. Respondents say they are finding ways to use data to find efficiencies. Workforce training, retaining and hiring are among their top priorities. The survey is part of Federal News Radio's special report, Rise of the Money People.
Federal finance may conjure up images of dull reports and boring people toiling away on spreadsheets. If that's what comes to mind, it may be time to revise your thinking. Doug Criscitello and Jeff Steinhoff, two former federal financial executives, spoke with Federal News Radio about the evolving workforce as part of our special report, Rise of the Money People.
Mark Easton, DoD's deputy chief financial officer, says the challenges toward a clean audit are significant but the Pentagon is still optimistic.
President Thomas Jefferson spoke of the impenetrable financial fog the federal government found itself under in 1802. Unfortunately, some things never change. Former Labor Department CFO Sam Mok says there are three steps the new director of the Office of Management and Budget should take to begin making a difference in this arena. Mok's column is part of Federal News Radio's special report, Rise of the Money People.
The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration evaluated six random reimbursable agreements IRS made with agencies and found a lot of money went uncollected.
A special House panel finds DoD's audit plan is credible, but successful implementation will depend on commitment of Defense components and future leaders.
Tags: DoD , Congress , House Armed Services Committee , management , financial management , auditability , CFO Act , Robert Hale , Mike Conaway , Adam Smith , financial improvement and readiness plan , statement of budgetary resources , Senior Executives Service , workforce , budget , Jared Serbu , DoD Report