Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CBP
DHS and Boeing understand that they must show successes in 2010 or risk major changes to the initiative. Lawmakers express frustration over lack of progress after three years, $1.1 billion.
Tags: contracting , technology , Mark Borkowski , Richard Stana , Bennie Thompson , Loretta Sanchez , Christopher Carney , DHS , GAO , House Homeland Security Committee , Boeing , Timothy Peters , Secure Border Initiative , SBINet
Agency releases sources sought notice for possible $30 million contract.
The border security program continues to experience delays. Secretary Napolitano calls for reassessment to make sure program is meeting agency's needs. DHS will not move forward with any new SBInet deployments in the near future.
Tags: security , technology , Mark Borkowski , Janet Napolitano , Bennie Thompson , Mark Souder , DHS , House Homeland Security Committee , Boeing , Heritage Foundation , Jena Baker-McNeil , SBINet , border security
The Homeland Security Department proposed a rule that would prohibit employees in certain DHS components from participating in certain outside jobs and activities. By drafting the proposals, DHS leaders are trying to prevent perceptions of conflicts of interest.
Agency's Internal Affairs commissioner says his goal is to eventually have "the never-ending background investigation".
Fred Whiteside, project manager for the cloud computing program at the National Institute of Standards and Technology and Wolf Tombe, chief technology officer, Customs and Border Protection joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris for a panel discussion on cloud computing in government.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) brought forth a new plan, the Maritime Operations Coordination (MOC), that will improve cross-coordination efforts between the Coast Guard (USCG), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).