Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CAC
August 4th, 2009
Are you the person you say you are? How can one person be sure of the answer when critical information is being shared on the web?
Android devices are next up in DoD's effort to get off-the-shelf smartphones up to snuff with the Pentagon's security needs. Also, the Army looks for a better way to do two-factor authentication on mobile devices.
The Defense Department will begin taking Social Security numbers off of the ID cards held by DoD employees and retirees. The changes, part of a 2008 SSN reduction plan, will begin in June, officials said.
New regulations published Thursday aim to make sure agencies reclaim vendor employees' HSPD-12 cards when they're no longer needed to perform contract work.
The military is performing a proof of concept in Utah by putting transit benefits on employees' Common Access Cards. USDA is implementing technology to require the use of HSPD-12 cards to log onto applications.
Aired Wednesday, July 15th at 2:05pm
With the recent decision by the Federal government to move to a Cloud Computing environment, the role of verifying the identity of an authorized user as well as defining their rights once inside the cloud presents a series of opportunities as well as challenges.
Tags: technology , identity management , Access Control , Booz Allen , identity theft , privacy , Identity Data , smart card , Virtual Identity , Booz Allen Hamilton , intelligence , Federated , Federated Identity , SOA , Credential , Credentialing , Authorization , PKI , PACS , LACS , RBAC , information synchronization , HSPD-12 , authentication , identity , integration , synchronization , virtual , theft , authorize , authenticate , verification , verify , access , certificate , security certificate , single sign on , directory , provision , provisioning , virtual world , smartcard , IDM , IdAM , Logical Access , Physical Access , public key encryption , PIV , FIPS 201 , FIPS , ABAC , attribute , attribute retrieval service , audit , auditing , logging , reporting , Common Access Card , compliance , delegated administration , entitlements management , entitlement , Federation , framework , metadirectory , password , proofing , risk based access control , rule based access control , RuBAC , self-service , virtual directory , workflow automation