Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Business process reengineering
Dorine Andrews, the Peace Corps CIO, said her office is working more closely with the mission areas to use technology on the front end to do business process reengineering.
December 5, 2013
Congress is telling the Defense Department to take a new look at the way it makes decisions about buying big business systems. DoD's deputy chief management officer will take the lead in this effort.
Host John Gilroy will talk cloud computing, health IT, and mobile technology with Tracey Graves-Stevens, President and CEO of Innoviss.
November 15, 2011
Tags: Federal Tech Talk , John Gilroy , Tracey Graves-Stevens , Innoviss , innovation , health IT , cybersecurity , cloud computing , Virtualization , mobile computing , network architecture , systems integration
The department's chief management officer must certify all business systems that are expected to cost more than $100 million over their lifecycle meet certain requirements. This is the second time in five years lawmakers are trying to fix these business systems problems. DoD also trying to standardize 15 core business functions in an effort to overcome these challenges.
She announces a top-to-bottom review of how they measure whether or not they are meeting their mission.
Johnson will lead an off-site event in May to reexamine how the agency is serving its customers.
Administrator Johnson wants to reduce the number of metrics GSA uses, and move the measures from inspection to motivating employees. The agency also wants to encourage agencies to be less risk adverse by leaning on their services.