Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Business of Government Hour
What is the U.S. Department of the Interior doing to advance its performance and results agenda? How can strategic planning translate into better agency results and foster culture of performance improvement? Join host Michael Keegan as he explores these questions and much more with Dr. Richard Beck, director, Office of Planning and Performance Management at the U.S. Department of the Interior.
Conversation with Authors Series with Profs. Jack Gansler and Bill Lucyshyn on Eight Actions to Improve Defense Acquisition
In an era of fiscal austerity, DoD must continue to maintain operations and modernize forces in order to support national security. What acquisition challenges are facing the U.S. Department of Defense? What actions can be taken to improve defense acquisition and the Defense Industrial Base? Join host Michael Keegan as he explore these questions and more with Profs. Jack Gansler and Bill Lucyshyn, authors of the IBM Center report, Eight Actions to Improve Defense Acquisition.
What are the strategic priorities for the GSA's Office of Integrated Technology Services? How does ITS maximize the value of government IT while also lowering its cost? What is ITS doing to improve its operations and become more efficient and agile? Join host Michael Keegan as he explore these questions and more with Mary Davie, assistant commissioner, Office of Integrated Technology Services (ITS) in GSA's Federal Acquisition Service (FAS).
Join host Michael Keegan this week for The Business of Government Magazine -- A SPECIAL EDITION of The Business of Government Hour. Government executives must also avoid the tyranny of the present or the next budget cycle, and recognize that the challenges of today often morph into the hazards of tomorrow. This edition of The Business of Government magazine underscores the importance of correlating short-term decision-making with long-range consequences. We highlight the latest trends and best practices for improving government effectiveness by introducing you to key government executives, detailing the work of public management practitioners, and offering insights from leading academics.
How has USAID sought to promote stability and order in Afghanistan? What is USAID's three-fold transition strategy? Join host Michael Keegan as he explores these questions and more with Larry Sampler, Assistant to the Administrator & Director, Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs, USAID.
What is program evaluation? What can be done to better integrate evidence and rigorous evaluation in decision-making? How can federal agencies conduct rigorous program evaluations and data analytics on a tight budget? How can federal agencies increase and enhance their evaluation capacity? Join host Michael Keegan as he explores these questions and more with Kathy Stack, Advisor for Evidence-Based Innovation, Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
How does the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs promote employment opportunities for veterans? What is VA doing to enhance opportunities for veterans to obtain knowledge and skills to properly transition into civilian life? What programs provide opportunities for veterans to obtain, retain and adapt at home? Join host Michael Keegan as he explores these questions and more with Curtis Coy, Deputy Under Secretary for Economic Opportunity at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - on a Memorial Day Edition of The Business of Government Hour.
What is the DHS's acquisition strategy? What are the key procurement and acquisition challenges facing DHS? How is DHS improving the operational performance of its acquisition function? Join host Michael Keegan as he explores these questions and more with Nick Nayak, Chief Procurement Office, U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
What are the fiscal, management, and performance challenges facing government executives? What is the goal of GAO's High Risk List and what are some of the key "high risk" areas? How can audit agencies change the way they do business to properly respond to 21st century governance challenges? Join host Michael Keegan as he explores these questions and more with Chris Mihm, managing director, strategic issues, Government Accountability Office.
Join host Michael Keegan this week for The Business of Government Magazine -- A SPECIAL EDITION of The Business of Government Hour. What trends are driving change in government? How can government executives' better correlate short-term decision-making with long-range consequences? AND what are they doing to leverage technology and innovation to be more efficient, anticipatory, and evidence-based? Hear from Dr. Tony Fauci, VADM Mark Harnitchek, Dave Lebryk, Kathy Stack, Curt Coy, Dave Bowen, Mary Davie, and more on The Business of Government Hour.