Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Business Systems Modernization
A total of 30 programs, once again, are considered troubled, including two new areas. But, the Government Accountability Office removed the IRS' Business Systems Modernization program after 18 years on the list, and interagency contracting after 8 years.
Tags: management , GAO , High-Risk List , IRS , OFPP , GSA , Interagency contracting , NOAA , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Gene Dodaro , DoD , Jason Miller
The tax agency earned level 3 certifications for the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Terry Milholland, the IRS CTO, said the standard approach to developing IT systems will increase productivity and capacity, while also bringing in much needed discipline.
Agency CIO Casey Coleman said the move to Google's gmail went smoothly and is 99 percent complete. GSA recently hired another cloud service provider to host collaboration tools. Coleman said the agency now is looking at legacy business systems.
September 22, 2011