Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Budget
Linda Brooks Rix, Co-CEO of AVUE Technologies, joins host Derrick Dortch for a discussion of how the budget battle is affecting federal hiring and concerns she has about the Office of Personnel Management.
March 25, 2011 (Encore presentation April 1, 2011)
Career coach Kathryn Troutman of the Resume Place discusses the current federal hiring outlook and how to land a federal job.
March 25, 2011
Based on new figures, the military expects to spend more than three times what DHS is requesting for cyber operations.
The Postal Service will offer $20,000 early retirement incentives to administrative employees, who must make a decision on whether to leave USPS by late April. RIF notices will be issued on May 25 to any affected employees who do not voluntarily retire or move to a lower grade.
Federal Times' Steve Watkins and Steve Losey discuss the likelihood of bills targeting federal employees will have enough votes to pass.
The Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, in an analysis this month, estimated that the Libyan no-fly zone could cost $100 million to $300 million per week. The Hill's Sam Youngman puts those numbers into perspective for us.
Focusing on these five strategies could help federal managers deal with budget constraints and low morale in the workplace.
WFED's Mike Causey analyzes some of the proposed cuts to federal pay and benefits.
More agencies are using content management system Drupal to build a web presence that aligns with their mission goals.
Five ways federal managers can handle these difficult times, from the Partnership for Public Service's John Palguta.