Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Budget
Gov Exec's Tom Shoop discusses how federal workers and agencies are preparing for a possible shutdown.
Tags: Paul Ryan , Jason Chaffetz , budget , Barack Obama , shutdown , debt limit , pay and benefits , pay freeze , reduction in force , attrition , House Budget Committee , House , Republicans , Jolie Lee
For a look at how the budget battle impacting feds on a daily basis, we ask the Partnership for Public Service's John Palguta
Federal News Radio's Mike Causey, Amy Morris and Tom Temin give their insights on what might happen in the coming days as Congress tries to beat the budget deadline.
Jim Horney, director of Federal Fiscal Policy at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, offers his analysis of will happen this week and what that'll mean for your agency.
Seventy two hours or bust? If push really comes to shove, The Hill's Erik Wasson tells Federal News Radio, the House's 72 hour rule could be waived and even a 24 hour CR is seen as better than a shutdown.
Not every D.C. Council member likes the budget unveiled by Mayor Vince Gray Friday, but councilman Tommy Wells is showing some strong support for it.
OPM Director John Berry is calling for agency executives to use their existing tools to get rid of poor performers. Berry tells House lawmakers that over the next year OPM will work with managers improve performance management. OPM also giving up on its retirement systems modernization program and putting its financial management system upgrade on hold.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , OPM , John Berry , House Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Ser , Jo Ann Emerson , Barbara Lee , Steve Womack , budget , best practices , FEHBP , hiring , employee dismissal , federal managers , John Buckner
The bill would protect both active duty and reserve members.
Nearly one-third of weapons systems the Defense Department has bought since 1997 are overbudget, and some of them by as much as 50 percent, GAO found.