Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Buck McKeon
Top Pentagon officials defended Defense Secretary Robert Gates' proposed multibillion-dollar cuts in military spending.
The House Armed Services Committee held its first meeting of the 112th Congress on Thursday, approving new rules, an oversight plan, and announcing the leaders and members of subcommittees. Committee Chairman Buck McKeon said the panel will hold its first oversight hearing next week.
The leadership of several key defense committees will change hands as a result of the 2010 midterm elections. The transfer of power is expected to reshape defense oversight in the House.
Tags: DoD Report , Congress , Congressional Spotlight , 2010 Election , House Armed Services Committee , Ike Skelton , DoD , David Petraeus , Afghanistan , Don't Ask, Don't Tell , GITMO , Dorobek Insider
A bipartisan team of former national security and military leaders passes judgement on the Quadrennial Defense Review.