Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bruce McConnell
Bruce McConnell announced today his intention to leave the Homeland Security Department in August after spending more than four years in an assortment of senior cybersecurity positions. He will be third senior ranking cyber official at DHS to leave since January.
The newly issued Executive Order gives NIST, DHS several goals and corresponding deadlines over the next year. NIST will work with industry to create a cybersecurity framework. DHS is expanding the information sharing program so industry can receive classified and unclassified cyber threat data more easily and more quickly.
Tags: technology , NIST , Patrick Gallagher , DHS , Jane Holl Lute , Michael Daniel , White House , cybersecurity , information sharing , Verizon , U.S. Chamber of Commerce , Alan Paller , SANS Institute , Craig Silliman , Jason Miller
White House cyber office working on strategy document to address issues around identity management. This is part of the administration's broader effort to better integrate all of these initiatives.
DHS issues a cybersecurity awareness throwdown.
The department, in conjunction with several other agencies, has developed a framework for a cyber system it hopes will enhance government and private sector security.
Focus on procurement and cyber coordinator biggest differences as compared to Bush administration's CNCI. Pres. Obama to begin with 24 actions to improve IT security.
December 22nd, 2010
With cybersecurity a top priority for the President, listen to a discussion on a campaign designed to create public awareness and engage the public in the importance of cybersecurity.
Bruce McConnell, Senior Counselor at the Department of Homeland Security's National Protection and Programs Directorate, joined the DorobekINSIDER to explain why the partnership between DHS and DoD are necessary and how that agreement will work.
Agency gave out seven awards as part of its National Cybersecurity Awareness Campaign.