Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bruce McConnell
Bruce McConnell announced today his intention to leave the Homeland Security Department in August after spending more than four years in an assortment of senior cybersecurity positions. He will be third senior ranking cyber official at DHS to leave since January.
The newly issued Executive Order gives NIST, DHS several goals and corresponding deadlines over the next year. NIST will work with industry to create a cybersecurity framework. DHS is expanding the information sharing program so industry can receive classified and unclassified cyber threat data more easily and more quickly.
Tags: technology , NIST , Patrick Gallagher , DHS , Jane Holl Lute , Michael Daniel , White House , cybersecurity , information sharing , Verizon , U.S. Chamber of Commerce , Alan Paller , SANS Institute , Craig Silliman , Jason Miller
White House cyber office working on strategy document to address issues around identity management. This is part of the administration's broader effort to better integrate all of these initiatives.
DHS issues a cybersecurity awareness throwdown.
The department, in conjunction with several other agencies, has developed a framework for a cyber system it hopes will enhance government and private sector security.
Focus on procurement and cyber coordinator biggest differences as compared to Bush administration's CNCI. Pres. Obama to begin with 24 actions to improve IT security.
December 22nd, 2010
With cybersecurity a top priority for the President, listen to a discussion on a campaign designed to create public awareness and engage the public in the importance of cybersecurity.
Bruce McConnell, Senior Counselor at the Department of Homeland Security's National Protection and Programs Directorate, joined the DorobekINSIDER to explain why the partnership between DHS and DoD are necessary and how that agreement will work.
Agency gave out seven awards as part of its National Cybersecurity Awareness Campaign.