Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bruce Braley
Advocacy group's annual report card claims progress by SSA, Commerce, Transportation, USDA and SBA. But others including DHS regressed. The Center for Plain Language said there's a general absence of governmentwide coordination.
It's been two years since the Plain Language Writing Act became law. While agencies are doing a better job, more work needs to be done. A federal expert on plain language is offering agencies the writing tips he employs on a daily basis. At the same time, a new bill in Congress would extend the plain language act to cover federal regulations.
Ahead of the markup of the annual defense policy bill by key House committee, hundreds of survivors of military sexual assault take to the Capitol to demand change.
Tags: DoD , Service Women’s Action Network , sexual assault , Military justice , Leon Panetta , Mary Kay Hertog , Michael Wishnie , Sandra Park , Congress , House Armed Services Committee , Jared Serbu
Agencies already are under the gun to put their public communications into plain language. A congressman behind the original effort now wants to get rid of government jargon in federal regulations.