Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Brookings Institution
In order to maintain "basic economic security," families of four based in Fairfax County -- the most expensive in the Washington region -- need to earn $108,000 to feel financially secure, according to a detailed cost-of-living analysis by local organization.
Cloud computing is going to save agencies lots of money, Brookings scholar says, and there's no reason to wait.
Outgoing OMB Director lists accomplishments of administration in speech at his former home, the Brookings Institution.
Now set to conclude his tenure as director of the Office of Management and Budget this Friday, Peter Orszag appraised his 18 months in the job. He points to a number of ways in which he and the administration tried to change the way the government works.
You know your neighbors are smart. A new analysis of education in the top 100 metro areas confirms it.
In reflecting on lessons learned, what was perhaps the most striking observation was the commonality of the responses from our allies, who came from varied nationalities, ranks, specialties, and experiences, says Peter Singer with Brookings.
Cloud computing services over the Internet have the potential to spur a significant increase in government efficiency and decrease technology costs, as well as to create incentives and online platforms for innovation. But at what cost? Details from Darrell West, Vice President and Director of Governance Studies at The Brookings Institution.
Current military personnel doubling as think tank thinkers, academics share results of their research.
The move to the cloud in the Federal government is happening, but not as fast as Kundra would like.