Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Brian Teeple
Defense Department's decision to centralize management of mobile technology is borne out of painful lessons from regular old wired IT networks. Budget pressure, officials say, makes it easier to sell the concept of doing things once and sharing the results.
On the one-year anniversary of the Digital Government Strategy, the CIO Council and DHS are expected to issue a security baseline and reference architecture for mobile computing. The goal of the document is not to give agencies new requirements but to focus on those security standards that are mobile-centric.
Tags: technology , TechAmerica , CIO survey , Simon Szykman , Commerce , Kevin Cox , CIO Council , DoD , mobile computing , cybersecurity , George DelPrete , Grant Thornton , Daren Ash , NRC , Jason Miller