Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Brian Miller
In a letter to employees, Acting Administrator Dan Tangherlini and IG Brian Miller asked employees to be more vigilant to prevent waste, fraud and abuse. They said one of the most troubling aspects of the PBS conference incident was no one reported it or took action to stop it.
Aside from the abrupt personnel changes at the General Services Administration, the spending scandal highlighted the role of the agency inspector general in federal oversight. But it turns out many agencies and departments now lack an official IG, according to data maintained by the Project on Government Oversight.
A dozen agencies have no permanent inspector general and some have been without one for several years, according to an IG tracker by the Project on Government Oversight.
The inspectors general at the General Services Administration and the Small Business Administration propose the government prosecute small business contract fraud based on the contract amount instead of the financial loss to the government.