Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Brian Miller
Oversight and Government Reform Committee subpoenas Jeff Neely, PBS region 9 commissioner, to appear. Along with Neely, PBS Deputy Commissioner David Foley and former Administrator Martha Johnson are on the witness list. The Transportation and Infrastructure Committee also is expected to hear from GSA Deputy Administrator Susan Brita, CFO Alison Doone and event planner Lisa Daniels.
Tags: management , GSA , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Senate Environment and Public Works Commitee , Congress , House , Senate , Jeff Neely , David Foley , Martha Johnson , Bob Peck , Susan Brita , John Mica , Shakeup at GSA , oversight , Jason Miller
In a letter to employees, Acting Administrator Dan Tangherlini and IG Brian Miller asked employees to be more vigilant to prevent waste, fraud and abuse. They said one of the most troubling aspects of the PBS conference incident was no one reported it or took action to stop it.
Aside from the abrupt personnel changes at the General Services Administration, the spending scandal highlighted the role of the agency inspector general in federal oversight. But it turns out many agencies and departments now lack an official IG, according to data maintained by the Project on Government Oversight.
A dozen agencies have no permanent inspector general and some have been without one for several years, according to an IG tracker by the Project on Government Oversight.
The inspectors general at the General Services Administration and the Small Business Administration propose the government prosecute small business contract fraud based on the contract amount instead of the financial loss to the government.