Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Brian Friel
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Bloomberg Government analyst Brian Friel will talk about last year's largest multiple award contracts and trends in contract usage for big Macs.
April 22, 2014
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts discuss the BGOV 200 list of the biggest federal contractors, and break down the firts quarter lobbying numbers.
May 9, 2013
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts examine how the ongoing budget battle is affecting contracting.
March 14, 2013
Tags: acquisition , contracting , budget battle , sequestration , Cameron Leuthy , Department of Labor , HHS , Department of Education , GWACs , GSA , GSA Millennia , GSA Millennia Lite , COMMITS NexGen , Allen Scott , Capital Impact , Bloomberg Government
Myron Guttmann of the National Science Foundation talks about a new effort to make it easier for people to use agencies' scientific research. Brian Friel of Bloomberg Government explains how the government is changing the way it shops for tech services. Christopher Ling of Booz Allen Hamilton talks about how cybersecurity professionals need the ability to predict future attacks and stop them before they happen.
Brian Friel of Bloomberg Government and Sterling Beard of The Hill newspaper talk about the new bill to delay sequestration and extend tax cuts. Alicia Cackley of the the Government Accountability Office discusses a new report on the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Cary Russell of the GAO outlines the logistical challenges of withdrawing from Afghanistan.
Tags: Bloomberg Government , Sterling Beard , The Hill , Alicia Cackley , GAO , Cary Russell , Consumer Product Safety Commission , DoD , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Federal Drive , sequestration , budget
Brian Friel of Bloomberg Government told The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp Congress' latest piece of legislation both delays sequestration and reduces its potential effect.
Michael Daniel, White house cybersecurity coordinator, talks about the new national strategy for information sharing and safeguarding. Brian Friel of Bloomberg Government examines what new regulations mean to the bottom line of some contractors. Charles Crum of the Postal Service's IG office discusses how USPS is embracing the Internet. Michael Nugent of the Defense Language and National Security Education Office talks about a new language program of feds going overseas.
Tags: Michael Daniel , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Bloomberg Government , Charles Crum , USPS , Michael Nugent , Defense Language and National Security Education Office , Federal Drive , DoD , DoD Report
Jimmy Christianson of the Associated General Contractors of America discusses government construction projects currently underway. Billy House of the National Journal talks about an article he wrote on the new Congress. Roger Waldron, president of the Coalition for Government Procurement, talks about GSA's Multiple Awards Schedule. Tim Solms of Microsoft discusses a new deal his company signed with DoD. Lisa Wolfe of Federal News Radio sheds light on a new website for federal job seekers. Brian Friel of Bloomberg Government talks about the new bill providing federal Sandy relief spending.
Tags: Jimmy Christianson , Associated General Contractors of America , Billy House , National Journal , Congress , Roger Waldron , Multiple awards schedule , GSA , Tim Solms , DoD , Microsoft , DoD Report , Lisa Wolfe , Federal News Radio , employment , Bloomberg Government , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Federal Drive
On this week's Capital Impact show, analysts examine multiple award contracts at the Defense Department and how e-health records helped patients during Hurricane Sandy.