Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Brenda Farrell
David Goldman of Public Health Science discusses a new customer complaint form put out by USDA. Martin Libicki of the Rand Corp. talks about Defense Secretary Leon Panetta's recent speech on cybersecurity. John Mahoney discusses the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's latest report on the federal workforce. GAO's Brenda Farrell talks about her agency's analysis of the Military Health System.
Pentagon hiring freeze for civilian employees will last several more years, although Defense Department leaders say they'll grant exemptions to give the department flexibility.
The federal government has issued more than 4.8 million security clearances to federal civilians, military service members and contractors. But the process for determining what positions require clearances amounts to little more than a "hodge-podge" across agencies, an official with the Government Accountability Office told Federal News Radio.
A recent report released by the congressional watchdog looks at whether or not DoD's military compensation package is sufficient to recruit and retain the best and the brightest. The GAO's director of defense capabilities and management issues says the issue isn't as easy to examine as it sounds.
DoD, OPM to make recommendations this summer
Tags: P&B , Brad Bunn , Darryl Perkinson , Rep. Solomon Ortiz , Rep. Randy Forbes , DoD , Navy , GAO , SSA , IRS , House Armed Services Committee , OPM , Federal Managers Association , NSPS , pay-for-performance , GS system
GAO finds the Pentagon isn't moving fast enough in improving the skills of their workforce. House lawmakers focused in the acquisition workforce, specifically. DoD defended its efforts, pointing to the 8,600 new acquisition workers hired over the past few years.
Tags: contracting , pay and benefits , vicky hartzler , larry kissell , keith charles , Howard McKeon , DoD , GAO , House Armed Services Committee , acquisition , acquisition workforce , human capital management , High Risk list , Peter Buxbaum
Government making progress on cutting clearance times, but member of Congress fear backsliding.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Co , Daniel Akaka , George Voinovich , Chris Coons , Jeffrey Zients , James Clapper , John Berry , Beth McGrath , security clearance
Brenda Farrell, director of Defense Capabilities and Management Issues at GAO, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss GAO's recommendations for DoD's senior staff assessment process.
More from this hearing on using funds for specialty and incentive pay instead of across-the-board pay raises.