Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bobbie Stempfley
Executive Editor Jason Miller looks at the news and information you may have missed or that slipped through the cracks at conferences, hearings and the like.
Tags: Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook , DHS , VA , GSA , HHS , DoT , cybersecurity , acquisition , technology , contracting , Buyers Club , T4 , Stan Lowe , Maria Roat , Charles De Sanno , Jenny Menna , Matt Goodrich ,
With stories of cyberattacks making the news almost daily, it has become more important than ever to protect the critical infrastructure supporting private industry. That's the goal behind a cybersecurity framework mandated by President Obama, developed by the National Institutes of Standards and Technology (NIST), and now being implemented by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). In this edition of "AFCEA Answers," we'll get insights into the progress on the framework from Bobbie Stempfley, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Cybersecurity Strategy and Emergency Communications with DHS's National Protections and Programs Directorate. Stempfley will outline the importance of the voluntary nature of the framework, explain the need for highly trained cybersecurity professionals, and discuss how DHS works with other federal agencies and key public and private stakeholders.
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: USPS cloud credential exchange almost ready, flood of GSA contract protests
In this week's edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook: USPS' cloud exchange is almost ready to fly; GSA faces a flood of contract protests; and technology chairs shuffle at DHS and GSA.
Tags: USPS , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Doughlas Glair , FICAM , GSA , contracting , GAO , OASIS , Diana Gowen , Mary Davie , OMB , technology , Andy Ozment , Suzanne Spaulding , Phyllis Schneck , Mike Locatis , DHS , Gregory Touhill , Katie Lewin , Kelly Olson , Sheila Campbell
The troubled HealthCare.gov website has been the subject of at least one attempted but unsuccessful cyber attack, according to one of the of the Homeland Security Department's top cyber officials. Lawmakers at a House Homeland Security Committee hearing said the consolidation of personal information and the glitch-prone website are cause for concern.
Mike Locatis, the DHS Assistant Secretary for the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications, is returning to Colorado after serving in the federal government for more than two years.
Danny Toler becomes the second State Department official to go to the Homeland Security Department's Office of Cybersecurity and Communications since January. He also is the second high ranking official to join DHS in the last week.
July 9, 2009
OMB mandated departments implement continuous monitoring of their cyber networks by 2012. Part of meeting that goal is understanding what hardware and software currently reside on the computing backbone.
Our Federal News Radio Discussion this month explores cybersecurity and the insider-threat with Jerry Davis of NASA, NIST's Elaine Newton, and Bobbie Stempfley from DHS.