Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bob Weiner
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. John Sarbanes (Md.) looks back on the government shutdown and praises federal employees' commitment to public service while former Clinton White House spokesman Bob Weiner discusses what's next as new budget deadlines approach. AFGE Department of Defense Local 2077 President Jon Suminski and Executive Vice President Darold Hubbard also appear.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Wisconsin State Sen. Lena Taylor and AFGE Housing and Urban Development Council 222 President Eddie Eitches appear from the union's recent Human Rights Training Conference. Taylor discusses the importance of the labor movement while Eitches reveals negotiations with HUD management to reduce furlough days. Former Clinton White House spokesman also addresses the consequences of sequestration and AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr. speaks out against furloughs during the union's protest in Pittsburgh, Pa.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Bob Weiner, former Clinton White House spokesman, details sequestration's harmful effects on cancer research while Common Cause President and CEO and former Rep. Bob Edgar (D-Pa.) analyzes the president's budget proposal. AFGE Council 228 President Elaine Powell-Belnavis also discusses the union's labor agreement with the Small Business Administration.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" attendees of the Families USA Health Action 2013 address the future of health care and the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. Common Cause President and CEO and former Rep. Bob Edgar, D-Pa., former Clinton White House spokesman Bob Weiner, Newsweek and The Daily Beast contributor Eleanor Clift and Families USA Executive Director Ron Pollack join the conversation.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski discusses a series of nationwide protests against Social Security cuts as part of the fiscal cliff negotiations. With more on the fiscal cliff, former Clinton White House spokesman Bob Weiner reacts to the GOP counteroffer. Bill Fletcher Jr. addresses union myths with his book, "They're Bankrupting Us!: And 20 Other Myths About Unions."
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel discusses a new GAO report about the impact of overcrowding in federal prisons. Also, more coverage from the Democratic National Convention with AFGE National President J. David Cox, Save the Children SVP Mark Shriver and former Clinton White House spokesman Bob Weiner.
Rep. Jan Schakowsky, Rebuild the Dream President Van Jones discuss 2012 elections - June 29th, 2012 and July 6th, 2012
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill., and Rebuild the Dream President and Co-founder Van Jones discuss the importance of the 2012 elections from the recent Take Back the American Dream Conference. Former Clinton White House senior staffer Bob Weiner and AFGE Voter Protection Coordinator Mark Vinson also appear.
U.S. Surgeon General encourages Americans to shift health focus to wellness and prevention - February 3rd, 2012
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" U.S. Surgeon General Regina Benjamin discusses her efforts to shift the nation's health focus from sickness and disease to wellness and prevention. Dr. Benjamin is joined by Common Cause President and CEO and former Congressman Bob Edgar (D-Pa.), former Clinton White House senior staffer Bob Weiner, and Families USA Executive Director Ron Pollack from the recent Families USA Health Action 2012 Conference.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" The Nation Publisher Katrina vanden Heuvel and U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) join us from the Take Back the American Dream Conference to address the U.S. jobs crisis and the value of public service. Former U.S. Secretary of Labor Alexis Herman discusses challenges facing the American workforce.
Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.)
President, AFGE Department of Defense Local 1945
Former Clinton White House senior spokesman