Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bob Tobias
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Sequestration? Furloughs? Pay freeze? Fed bashing? Poor leadership? The list of morale killers goes on and on. A new Federal News Radio survey on employee morale and leadership -- part of our special report, Leaders in Federal Service -- shows just how bad people are feeling in the federal workforce.
Tags: Top Leaders in Federal Service , morale , exclusive , survey , Miriam Cohen , Max Stier , Partnership for Public Service , leadership , Merit Systems Protection Board , Peter Leeds , James Tsugawa , Bill Spencer , Michael OConnell , workforce , management
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Bob Tobias, director of the Key Executive Leadership Programs at American University, joins In Depth to discuss how the government deals with poor performers.
The Federal Drive spoke with a panel of experts about the lessons learned from NSPS and the future of pay-for-performance in the federal government.
- Pat Tamburrino, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, Civilian Personnel Policy
- Patrick Nealon, Director of Deloitte Consulting LLP's Federal Total Rewards practice
- Bob Tobias, former member of the Defense Business Board task group that studied NSPS
The program just got a five-star rating from the Federal Acquisition Institute.
Bob Tobias, director of public sector executive education at American University, argues for the upgrade and investment in the federal government's financial management systems and points out the reasons those changes aren't happening.