Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bob Lentz
In his Inside the Reporter's Notebook feature, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
Tags: technology , acquisition , HUD , Treasury , financial management , DoD , Defense Authorization Bill , GSA , Dan Tangherlini , industrial funding fee , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller
Lawmakers place focus on government's relationship with industry to protect computer networks. Military testing system with Defense Industrial Base to share threat information.
Tags: technology , Lt. Gen. Keith Alexander , Rep. Diane Watson , Rep. Brian Billbray , Rep. Jim Marshall , Rep. Jeff Miller , DoD , NSA , STRATCOM , DHS , ODNI , OMB , House Armed Services Committee , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , cybersecurity
The government's approach to cybersecurity is shifting from the historical emphasis on the hardware and network layers to a focus on securing software. The National Defense Authorization Act represents this change.