Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bob Lentz
In his Inside the Reporter's Notebook feature, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
Tags: technology , acquisition , HUD , Treasury , financial management , DoD , Defense Authorization Bill , GSA , Dan Tangherlini , industrial funding fee , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller
Lawmakers place focus on government's relationship with industry to protect computer networks. Military testing system with Defense Industrial Base to share threat information.
Tags: technology , Lt. Gen. Keith Alexander , Rep. Diane Watson , Rep. Brian Billbray , Rep. Jim Marshall , Rep. Jeff Miller , DoD , NSA , STRATCOM , DHS , ODNI , OMB , House Armed Services Committee , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , cybersecurity
The government's approach to cybersecurity is shifting from the historical emphasis on the hardware and network layers to a focus on securing software. The National Defense Authorization Act represents this change.