Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bob Dix
Chairman Tom Wheeler said he wants to build on the initial success of the critical infrastructure cybersecurity framework released by the White House in February. He said it's not a matter of new regulations, but creating a joint approach to improving the network security across the entire communications sector. Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.) renews hope for Congress to pass information sharing legislation this year.
NIST issues the industry-developed final draft approach to help critical infrastructure providers secure their computer systems. The agency is accepting comments over the next couple of months and will issue a version 1.0 of the framework in February. Industry offered mixed reactions to the framework. Some said it's too broad while others said it provides a set of agreed upon basic cyber protections.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , NIST , Patrick Gallagher , critical infrastructure , Tim Conway , McAfee , Telecommunications Industry Association , White House , Phil Agcaoili , Cox Communications , Jason Miller
The administration has struggled to fulfill its promise to take enough concrete steps to make cybersecurity a national security priority. Experts say the White House fell short in several areas, most notably in getting comprehensive cyber legislation passed.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , Obama Impact , David Smith , Potomac Institute , Juniper Networks , Patrick Howard , SecureInfo Corp. , Phyllis Schneck , McAfee , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , White House , Congress , Larry Clinton , Internet Security Alliance , Jason Miller
Bob Dix, vice president for government affairs and critical infrastructure for Juniper Networks, joined The Federal Drive with Tom Temin to talk about the new cyber bill introduced by Senate Republicans.
The Senate is set to take up comprehensive cyber legislation in January that already is causing experts heartburn. Provisions to give the Homeland Security Department more authorities, including taking "any lawful action" to stop cyber attacks against systems holding federal data, are coming under fire. Industry experts are optimistic Congress will pass major cyber reform.
Analysis from Juniper's Bob Dix.
October 27th Program discusses the progress report on Identity Management efforts in the Federal Government, best practices, challenges, lessons learned, and visions for the future.
The Office of Management and Budget said many feds responsible for IT acquisition are so cautious about running afoul of ethics rules that they're passing up what could be productive interactions with the industry. The administration plans to start an awareness campaign to improve communication between agencies and vendors.
The administration detailed a 25-point plan to improve the way agencies buy and manage technology. Current and former government officials say OMB is using lessons learned from the past to set the agencies up for success.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , Teri Takai , Jeff Zients , OMB , DoD , Tim Young , Mark Forman , Deloitte Consulting , KPMG , Juniper Networks , IT reforms , cloud computing , agile development , cybersecurity , Jason Miller
Senate leaders pledge to pass a comprehensive cybersecurity bill this year. Sen. Lieberman promises a hearing and markup of the legislation before the end of June. Industry experts are concerned over the role DHS will play in regulating critical infrastructure.