Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bloomberg Government
Jimmy Christianson of the Associated General Contractors of America discusses government construction projects currently underway. Billy House of the National Journal talks about an article he wrote on the new Congress. Roger Waldron, president of the Coalition for Government Procurement, talks about GSA's Multiple Awards Schedule. Tim Solms of Microsoft discusses a new deal his company signed with DoD. Lisa Wolfe of Federal News Radio sheds light on a new website for federal job seekers. Brian Friel of Bloomberg Government talks about the new bill providing federal Sandy relief spending.
Tags: Jimmy Christianson , Associated General Contractors of America , Billy House , National Journal , Congress , Roger Waldron , Multiple awards schedule , GSA , Tim Solms , DoD , Microsoft , DoD Report , Lisa Wolfe , Federal News Radio , employment , Brian Friel , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Federal Drive
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts examine why Congress failed to pass comprehensive cybersecurity legislation last year, and the impact that money had on the 2012 election.
January 3, 2012
John Kamensky from the IBM Center for The Business of Government talks about two decades of a results-oriented federal performance management system. Allan Holmes of Bloomberg Government discusses the top technology issues facing the government in 2013. Jeffrey Neal of ICF International sheds light on OPM's new guide to executive development. Jacque Simon of AFGE discusses legislation that could freeze federal pay to the end of the year.
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will talk about the top energy issues in 2012, and what's ahead for 2013.
December 27, 2012
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will discuss the mass shooting at an elementary school in Newtown Connecticut. They will also talk about how President Obama plans to respond to the tragedy, and the impact that response will have on the gun lobby.
December 20, 2012
Bob Litan of Bloomberg Government talks about a new study on reducing the deficit. Procurement attorney Joe Petrillo weighs in on a recent GAO decision. Lisa Pape discusses the Veterans Health Administration's efforts to reduce homelessness among veterans. Charles Paidock of the NFFE union talks about a proposal that would have some feds emptying their own waste bins. Hord Tipton reviews how the certification process is keeping up with new technology.
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will discuss how the fiscal cliff crisis is impacting businesses. Also, what does the future look like for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae?
December 13, 2012
Tags: acquisition , fiscal cliff , sequestration , Freddie Mac , Fannie Mae , Robert Litan , Tony Costello , deficit reduction , spending cuts , Congress , Nela Richardson , loans , Hurricane Sandy , Allen Scott , Capital Impact
Paul Firman, instructor and program director at The Air Force Culture and Language Center, discusses AFCLC's latest pocket guidebook. Nela Richardson, senior economic analyst for Bloomberg Government, talks about a new report on mortgage giants Fannie May and Freddie Mac.
On this week's Capital Impact show, analysts discuss the fiscal cliff and its impact, and how a new court ruling will affect traditional utilites and power companies.
December 6, 2012
USPS' Tony Vegliante talks about veterans working at the Postal Service. Attorney Joseph Petrillo discusses the government's many procurement rules. Jerry Brito of George Mason University launched a site to encourage greater transparency at the World Conference on International Telecommunications. Bob Litan discusses a new Bloomberg Government report on reducing the deficit. DoD's Stephen King talks about the Pentagon honoring standout workers with disabilities.
Tags: Tony Vegliante , Joseph Petrillo , USPS , Veterans Affairs , procurement , DoD , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Jerry Brito , Mercatus Center at George Mason University , Bob Litan , Stephen King , Federal Drive