Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bill Sisk
The Veterans Affairs Department's decision comes as lawmakers are putting this acquisition concept under more scrutiny. House Veterans Affairs and Small Business Committee lawmakers question whether agencies are getting the best prices and whether they are sacrificing competition. GAO, other experts say OFPP needs to develop a governmentwide policy for reverse auctions.
Tags: contracting , industry , GAO , Michele Mackin , OFPP , Richard Hanna , House Small Business Committee , House Veterans Affairs Committee , VA , Jan Frye , GSA , SBA , Major Clark , reverse auctions , Congress , FedBid , Jason Miller
Bill Sisk gets to remove the acting from his title as he takes on the deputy commissioner of the Federal Acquisition Service on a permanent basis.
Jon Jordan, the deputy commissioner in the General Services Administration's Federal Acquisition Service, retired Nov. 3. Bill Sisk has been named to replace Jordan on an interim basis.