Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bill Lynn
Former Deputy Defense Secretary Bill Lynn says the Pentagon needs to adjust its strategy to take advantage of the global and commercial technology markets.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Former Deputy Secretary of Defense Bill Lynn, the chief executive officer of DRS Technologies, joined Francis Rose guest on Pentagon Solutions.
With sequestration set to go into effect in fewer than two weeks, many in the Defense Department are concerned the looming cuts are likely and will have a devastating effect on military readiness. Former Deputy Defense Secretary Bill Lynn, now the CEO of DRS Technologies, told Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose the cuts will have a long-lasting impact on Pentagon planning.
Bill Lynn, former deputy secretary of Defense and now chief executive officer of DRS Technologies, joins Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose to discuss how the Pentagon has prepared for the automatic, across-the-board budget cuts.
White House hosts meeting with 50 CEOs from private sector companies to discuss how to incorporate best practices to make the government more effective and efficient. Chief performance officer Jeff Zients says the ideas from the meeting will be used to help agencies meet their three-to-eight high priority goals in 2010. The administration's goal is to change the way the government uses technology to serve citizens.
Tags: management , technology , Barack Obama , Jeff Zients , Scott Gould , Jacob Lew , Tony Miller , David Hayes , White House , OMB , VA , DoD , Interior , education , State , management agenda , high priority goals
Leaders in the Defense and Veterans Affairs departments say a new system that will let them jointly evaluate the disabilities of wounded servicemembers is a vast improvement over old procedures, but it will take another year or two before they can meet their goal of evaluating disabilities within 300 days.
In a meeting with members of Congress and industry association leaders this week, DoD officials said proposed cuts to Defense contracting will only impact a small subset of the department's service contracting budget. DoD officials said they are looking at contracts that support staff augmentation and other similar support service contracts.
Tags: contracting , industry , DoD , Robert Gates , Gerry Connolly , Stan Soloway , Bobbie Kilberg , Professional Services Council , Northern Virginia Technology Council , Deltek Consulting , budget cuts , services contracts , Jared Serbu