Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bill Clinton
During the last Defense drawdown, Congress and the White House pushed the Pentagon to make smarter buying decisions in the hopes that it would save a lot of money. The idea was to have the military buy many products the same way businesses do. A decade and a half later, DoD now spends tens of billions of dollars a year under the commercialized models Congress set up. In a two-part, exclusive report, Federal News Radio examines the debate underway over how well it has worked out.
Tags: commercial products , Al Gore , Reinventing Government , commercial of a type , Shay Assad , Clinger-Cohen Act , William Clinger , Federal Acquisition Streamling Act , Susan Lawrence , Army , Network Integration Evaluation , Navy , CANES , Coast Guard , John Korn , DoD , Aquisitions , Scott Amey , Project on Government Oversight , Defense Service Board , William Perry , Dennis Moran , Harris Corp. , Jared Serbu , Nett Warrior
Sally Katzen, former deputy director for management and now a Senior Advisor at the Podesta Group, explains the differences between what agencies must deal with now and form the time she worked at OMB.
President Obama awarded to 94 researchers the Presidential Early Career Awards for Scientists and Engineers.
Tags: presidential early career awards for scientists an , Barack Obama , science , technology , people , Jolie Lee , White House , presidential early career awards for scientists an , presidential early career awards for scientists an , presidential early career awards for scientists an , presidential early career awards for scientists an
The Partnership for Public Service's new report warns the United States "must not repeat the mistakes of the past" with automatic across-the-board cuts.
Chris Core, commentator
Gordon Peterson, moderator of Inside Washington
A federal appeals panel dominated by appointees of President Barack Obama heard arguments Tuesday in two Virginia lawsuits challenging his health care overhaul.
Tags: Andre Davis , James Wynn , 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals , Diana Motz , Barack Obama , health care lawsuit , Kevin Walsh , University of Richmond , Mathew Staver , Duncan Getchell Jr. , Commerce Clause , Neal Kumar Katyal , Norman Moon , Henry Hudson , U.S. Supreme Court , Ken Cuccinelli
Mark Plotkin, WTOP political analyst
James Hohmann, national political reporter for Politico