Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bev Godwin
Stan Soloway, president of the Professional Services Council, talks about a bill to overhaul the way the government buys and manages information technology. Max Stier of the Partnership for Public Service joins our panel talking about leadership in the the federal government. Also participating in the panel are Top Leaders in Federal Service Award winners Beverly Godwin and Charles Rothwell.
Inspired by her nurturing leadership skills, 12 members of Beverly Godwin's staff nominated her for Federal News Radio's Top Leaders in Federal Service award.
Times of tight budgets, impending sequestration and a possible government shutdown require good leaders who can make tough decisions. But who are those leaders? Federal News Radio asked our readers to nominate people they work with who demonstrate the qualities of good leadership. You responded, we listened and a panel of judges picked the five Top Leaders in Federal Service.
Tags: Michael Parker , Marcia Pelberg , Charles Rothwell , Thomas Williams , Top Leaders in Federal Service , leadership , Loren Gary , John Baldoni , Max Stier , management , Federal Drive , Michael OConnell , workforce , exclusive
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
The Federal Drive talks to GSA's Bev Godwin about National Women's Health Week and NetApp's Mark Weber on big data.
Multiple sources confirm that Michele Heffner will help implement President Barack Obama's executive order on open and transparent government.
Tags: technology , Michele Heffner , Beth Noveck , Office of Science and Technology Policy , GSA , CTO , Online Resources and Interagency Development , Office of New Media , executive order , Open and transparent government
Agencies across the federal government face looming deadlines connected with the Open Government Initiative.
Agencies are turning to innovation challenges as a way to solve problems and get people from outside the government involved in coming up with solutions. The White House launched Challenge.gov Tuesday and 15 agencies already are using the platform to hold contests. DoD has four challenges on the platform looking at a variety of issues.
GSA will unveil the Challenge.gov platform in the next few months where all agency competitions will be posted. Some agencies already are asking experts and employees for help. NASA will run 34 competitions before the end of December.