Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Beth Noveck
Multiple sources confirm that Michele Heffner will help implement President Barack Obama's executive order on open and transparent government.
Tags: technology , Michele Heffner , Bev Godwin , Office of Science and Technology Policy , GSA , CTO , Online Resources and Interagency Development , Office of New Media , executive order , Open and transparent government
Pilot program lasted for three years; allowed public to assist patent officers with patent applications.
Beth Noveck returns to New York Law School after spending two years at deputy chief technology officer for open government. She focused on the White House's transparency initiative.
After more than 9 years, the Office of Management and Budget is about to revise its original policy banning the use of web cookies, or tracking software, on federal websites. The change is expected to help federal web managers better run their sites, and also offer the same kinds of user experiences now commonplace on commercial and private-sector websites.
Tags: technology , managment , OMB , OIRA , GSA , CIO Council , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , web 2,0 , Persistent cookie , Privacy Act , White House Chief Technology Officer , Ari Schwartz , Center for Democracy and Technology
White House officials say examples of open government will help alter perceptions