Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Beth Noveck
Multiple sources confirm that Michele Heffner will help implement President Barack Obama's executive order on open and transparent government.
Tags: technology , Michele Heffner , Bev Godwin , Office of Science and Technology Policy , GSA , CTO , Online Resources and Interagency Development , Office of New Media , executive order , Open and transparent government
Pilot program lasted for three years; allowed public to assist patent officers with patent applications.
Beth Noveck returns to New York Law School after spending two years at deputy chief technology officer for open government. She focused on the White House's transparency initiative.
After more than 9 years, the Office of Management and Budget is about to revise its original policy banning the use of web cookies, or tracking software, on federal websites. The change is expected to help federal web managers better run their sites, and also offer the same kinds of user experiences now commonplace on commercial and private-sector websites.
Tags: technology , managment , OMB , OIRA , GSA , CIO Council , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , web 2,0 , Persistent cookie , Privacy Act , White House Chief Technology Officer , Ari Schwartz , Center for Democracy and Technology
White House officials say examples of open government will help alter perceptions