Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Beth Moten
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" former Rep. Patrick Murphy (Pa.) discusses his MSNBC program, "Taking the Hill with Patrick Murphy," to bring attention to veterans issues. AFGE Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten previews the union's Legislative and Grassroots Mobilization Conference Feb. 9 - 12 while Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul details the latest manufacturing jobs numbers. National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare's Web Phillips reacts to service reductions at SSA.
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee approved six bills that would affect the day-to-day workings of the federal government.
Tags: Congress , Senate , Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committ , Federal Real Property Asset Management Reform Act , Hatch Act Modernization Act of 2012 , management , Government Accountability Office , Tom Carper , Susan Collins , Joe Lieberman , AFGE , Esther Carey ,
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" EPA Council 238 President Chuck Orzehoskie and Defense Conference Vice Chair Patty Viers discuss the latest furlough developments at EPA and DOD while AFGE Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten highlights the union's legislative efforts to end furloughs. GovLoop Community Engagement Director Andrew Krzmarzick also appears.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten will preview the union's 2013 Legislative and Grassroots Mobilization Conference Feb. 10 - 13. AFGE Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel and National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski also address issues at their respective agencies.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox and Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten analyze Election Day results and the impact on federal employees. AFGE Legislative Representative Marilyn Park then addresses the importance of Veterans Day, while Federal Emergency Management Agency Local 4060 President Robert Autrey discusses FEMA's response in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.
The House passed a veterans funding bill Thursday that includes extends the pay freeze another year for civilian employees of the the Defense and Veterans Affairs.
Congress returns to session this week with a few short months to reach a budget resolution for the new fiscal year starting Oct. 1 and agree on how to avoid the automatic spending cuts of $1.2 trillion over the next decade that will be triggered Jan. 2, 2013, under the Budget Control Act debt limit deal. But don't expect much to get accomplished before the election, say budget experts.
Tags: Steve Bell , Bipartisan Policy Center , Julie Tagen , NARFE , AFGE , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , pay and benefits , budget , Congress , Budget Control Act , sequestration , workforce , retirement , Robert Tobias , American University
Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) introduced an amendment to the Surface Transportation Bill that offers part-time employment to retiring feds. The Senate passed the amendment Thursday.
John Palguta of the Partnership for Public Service, Jessie Klement of the Federal Managers Association, Beth Moten of the American Federation of Government Employees will talk about the proposed federal pay freeze and other issues affecting federal employees.
January 20, 2011
Tags: workforce , FEDtalk , federal pay debate , pay and benefits , deficit reduction , payroll tax holiday , pay freeze , retirement , Jennifer Mattingley , John Palguta , Partnership for Public Service , Jessie Klement , Federal Managers Association , AFGE
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee will vote on legislation to cut the federal workforce by 10 percent. The bill, sponsored by Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-S.C.), proposes replacing only one of every three employees that leave. The committee also will mark up several other bills including the civilian property disposal act and a data transparency act.