Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Beth Angerman
The Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation issued two RFIs in the last few weeks. One announced an industry day for May 21, and the other is looking for ideas to improve how the government manages and integrates data from different systems.
Tags: management , financial management , OMB , Treasury , Joe Ward , Interior , HHS , Jason Miller , Bill McCabe , Government Performance Summit , The Performance Institute , Mark Reger , shared services , the Association of Government Accountants
In part 3 of our special report, Shared Services Revisited, Federal News Radio explores the administration's plans to ensure success in consolidating and standardizing financial systems this time around. Beth Angerman, director of Treasury's Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation (OFIT), said the goal is creating a repeatable, sustainable process for agencies to move to federal financial management providers. Over the next six months, Treasury and OMB must answer many of the outstanding questions about how this initiative will truly work.
In our special report, Shared Services Revisited, OMB still must solve long-standing challenges to ensure federal providers are capable of bringing on large, cabinet level agencies. The role of the private sector is leaving some vendors unhappy, but officials say history shows their success rate with financial management system implementation to be poor.
Tags: management , financial management , Shared Services Revisited , OMB , Norman Dong , Treasury , Lisa Kazor , Savantage , Reid Jackson , Compusearch , Kevin Greer , Accenture , Joe Ward , Interior Business Center , Jason Miller
In part 1 of Federal News Radio's special report, this second attempt by OMB to move agencies to financial management shared services is fraught with the same obstacles of a decade ago. But OMB believes this attempt at shared services is different. The administration says budget concerns and technology advancements will help overcome these long-standing barriers.
Tags: management , technology , shared services , Treasury , OMB , Norman Dong , GSA , Lisa Kazor , Oracle , Reid Jackson , Carlos Otal , Grant Thornton , financial management , Jason Miller , Shared Services Revisited , Aaron Cornfeld