Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bernie Becker
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Retired Air Force Gen. Chuck Walks talks about what the next Secretary of Defense's first hurdles will be. Bernie Becker, staff writer at The Hill newspaper, discusses a possible Simpson-Bowles sequel.
Although the word "default" might elicit a sense of urgency in most people, it doesn't appear to be inspiring lawmakers to take action on the proposed Postal Service bill. USPS is expected to default on $5.5 billion in pension costs that it owes to the Treasury.
The $15 billion generated by the 2.3 percent more that new employees would pay for their retirement would help pay for the extension of unemployment insurance.
Bernie Becker, a staff writer for The Hill newspaper, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the myriad budget uncertainties facing Congress and federal agencies.