Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bernice Steinhardt
Since its creation in 2003, the Department of Homeland Security has been on the Government Accountability Office "high risk" list precisely because of lingering problems linked with trying to manage the super-agency that emerged with the shotgun marriage of 22 separate agencies. Now a Senate oversight panel holds its latest hearing to review efforts to shore up the management of DHS.
Agencies aren't very clear on how to measure efficiency, in part because OMB has given inconsistent or limited guidance and technical assistance, says GAO. Bernice Steinhardt, Director of Governmentwide Management Issues for GAO, explains.
Deputy director for management Jeffrey Zients hires Shelley Metzenbaum to help lead the performance management effort. OMB to lean on the Performance Improvement Council to develop and advocate for new approach.
Tags: management , Jeffrey Zients , Sen. Tom Carper , Shelley Metzenbaum , OMB , GAO , CMS , FEMA , Interior , NASA , NRC , VA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , EPA , Performance Improvement Council , GPRA , PART , performance management
Hosts Debra Roth and Kate Fulton will be joined by Cindy Auten of Telework Exchange and Bernice Steinhardt of GAO to discuss the ins and outs of teleworking as a federal employee.