Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bernice Steinhardt
Since its creation in 2003, the Department of Homeland Security has been on the Government Accountability Office "high risk" list precisely because of lingering problems linked with trying to manage the super-agency that emerged with the shotgun marriage of 22 separate agencies. Now a Senate oversight panel holds its latest hearing to review efforts to shore up the management of DHS.
Agencies aren't very clear on how to measure efficiency, in part because OMB has given inconsistent or limited guidance and technical assistance, says GAO. Bernice Steinhardt, Director of Governmentwide Management Issues for GAO, explains.
Deputy director for management Jeffrey Zients hires Shelley Metzenbaum to help lead the performance management effort. OMB to lean on the Performance Improvement Council to develop and advocate for new approach.
Tags: management , Jeffrey Zients , Sen. Tom Carper , Shelley Metzenbaum , OMB , GAO , CMS , FEMA , Interior , NASA , NRC , VA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , EPA , Performance Improvement Council , GPRA , PART , performance management
Hosts Debra Roth and Kate Fulton will be joined by Cindy Auten of Telework Exchange and Bernice Steinhardt of GAO to discuss the ins and outs of teleworking as a federal employee.