Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Bennie Thompson
Administrator said it will help employee morale and will not negatively impact security. Lawmakers wanted assurances that if employees would go on strike, Pistole would fire them.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , John Pistole , Mike Rogers , Mo Brooks , Danny Davis , TSA , House Homeland Security Committee , FRLA , collective bargaining , Best Places to Work survey , Jason Miller
DHS is in the final stages of deploying version 2 of Einstein across the government, and already is making plans for version 3.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , Janet Napolitano , DHS , technology , management , Peter King , House Homeland Security Committee , George Washington University , cybersecurity , TWIC , terrorism alert system , Supply chain security , Einstein , Jason Miller
Secretary Janet Napolitano said the Einstein 3 software will be deployed across the government to detect and disrupt malicious cyber activity. Cybersecurity among the hot topics Napolitano highlighted during her State of Homeland Security address.
Tags: technology , management , Janet Napolitano , DHS , Peter King , House Homeland Security Committee , George Washington University , cybersecurity , TWIC , terrorism alert system , Supply chain security , Einstein , Jason Miller
The controversial project to build an electronic fence along the country's southern border is being terminated.
Are changes coming to the federal protective service? We'll hear from Mississippi representative Bennie Thompson who says that change MUST happen, and soon.
GAO officials told a House Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday that FPS has repeatedly failed to manage its contract workforce and should consider other approaches to protecting federal buildings. Rep. Bennie Thompson joins us with details.
With a headcount of contractors who work for one of the largest federal agencies in hand yesterday, Sen. Joseph Lieberman (ID-Conn.), chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, began a review of the DHS fiscal year 2011 proposed budget.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has delivered to Congress the very first Quadrennial Homeland Security Review. The document reflects nearly a year's worth of work as DHS officials, external stakeholders and even members of the public held an unusually open examination of the programs and priorities of a mega-agency charged with safeguarding the nation. An outside group that monitors the homeland security community offers its own first-look of the QHSR.
Tags: security , DHS , QHSR , Janet Napolitano , Frank J. Cilluffo , Homeland Security Policy Institute , George Washington University , House Homeland Security Committee , National Academy of Public Administration , Max Cacas
The security of federal offices like yours is again being looked at on the Hill. Federal News Radio's Max Cacas spoke to Congressman Bennie Thompson of Mississippi - chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee.