Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Barack Obama
The White House agency will help coordinate the process around prize competitions, science and technology education efforts and online access to government data. The America Competes law details several news policy directives for OSTP and other federal scientific agencies.
Tags: technology , management , Tom Kalil , Office of Science and Technology Policy , White House , NSF , NIST , NIH , America Competes Act , State of the Union , competitions , transparency , Jason Miller
The administration is identifying Executive branch officials inside and outside of the White House to figure out how best to reorganize government.
In the State of the Union, the President said he will submit a proposal to Congress to reduce the overlap among agencies. Obama also called for a five-year freeze in domestic spending, but asked lawmakers to do more with entitlement spending. He also promised to continue to invest in innovation and research and development.
Tags: management , Paul Ryan , Darrell Issa , White House , State of the Union , federal spending , Deficit Commission , green energy , government reorganization , earmarks , transparency , Jason Miller
Caring for the families of military personnel requires a coordinated approach across the federal government, President Obama said Monday. He said agencies have made 50 separate commitments to coordinate programs designed to assist the loved ones of servicemembers.
Tags: DoD , management , Michelle Obama , Jill Biden , White House , HHS , VA , Labor , SBA , Commerce , military benefits , Nicole Alcorn , Sue Hoppin , Todd Bowers , Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America , National Military Spouse Network , Jared Serbu , DoD Report , pentagon , Federal Drive
President Barack Obama and the White House will be turning to technology directly after the State of the Union address, taking questions from the public in forums that will run over the course of the week.
Federal employees are already the target of cost-cutting. Tuesday's State of the Union address may offer more ideas of how deep the cutting will go.
Bloomberg News reports that the Obama administration wants to cut the DoD budget through troop reductions in Iraq and Afghanistan.
National Security Cyberspace Institute evaluated the Obama administration's cyber initiatives.