Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Barack Obama
Gwen Ifill, moderator and managing editor of "Washington Week" and senior correspondent for "The PBS Newshour"
President Obama's deficit reduction plan speech on Wednesday did not address how these cuts would affect federal pay and benefits, but one administration official told Federal News Radio that changes to federal retirement benefits were still possible.
Chris Core, commentator
NARFE's Dan Adcock explains what may be in store for feds in the President's deficit reduction plan.
President Obama said Wednesday that a plan to cut $4 trillion in the deficit over 12 years will include spending cuts at the Defense Department.
It's touted as the biggest one-time rollback of domestic spending ever, but most folks will be hard-pressed to notice.
Glenn Thrush, senior White House reporter for Politico
The White House and Congress agreed to both a short-term deal and a longer-term one funding the government through 2011 and cutting more than $35 billion. OMB issued new guidance telling agencies to resume normal operations which means feds should report to work as usual.
President Obama expects to have an answer Friday morning about whether a shutdown can be averted. Meanwhile agencies have new guidance from OMB on how to prepare to close down their offices. Federal workers vent frustrations and ask questions during a town hall meeting sponsored by Rep. Jim Moran.
Tags: management , shutdown , John Boehner , Harry Reid , Jim Moran , OPM , OMB , Congress , Dina Long , NTEU , Dan Adcock , NARFE , AFGE , SSA , DOT , FAA , Jason Miller , budget , furlough , budget 2011