Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Barack Obama
Cybersecurity legislation clears Senate committee, Cybersecurity law needs an overhaul, French police arrest alleged Twitter hacker
Sec. Gates discusses the shortcomings of contracting and procurement policies
A former senior intelligence official says the President's call for changes is more of an upgrade than a significant change. Ambassador Thomas McNamara says information sharing is better than ever, but agencies don't put information into databases in a consistent way.
It seems likely that Obama will use e-mail, and he will use a BlackBerry to send it.
FOIA "the power cord that connects the American people to their government."
The administration says the move to install Donald Berwick was critical for progress. Republican lawmakers are livid that the appointee will not face immediate scrutiny.
Lawmakers on Capitol Hill are casting a wary eye on one of the biggest information technology projects in the Federal government: the effort to build the "Electronic Records Archive" at the National Archives and Records Administration. Congressional watchdogs say the project has been plagued by contractor delays and cost overruns. And now, a House panel is wondering if NARA will ever realize the expectations from the ERA project.
Tags: contracting , technology , National Archives and Records Administration , Electronic Record Archive , Lockheed Martin , Patrick McHenry , William Lacy Clay , Adrienne Thomas , David Powner , GAO , George W. Bush , Max Cacas
President Obama has codified several initiatives that were developed after classified data became public. The Information Sharing Environment's mission has been extended to help coordinate the development of standards to securely share classified information.
Jon Adler, president of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, told the Federal Drive a "vile cancer to humanity" has been eliminated.