Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Barack Obama
The federal government has developed a disturbing practice of cleverly hiding information.
Tags: Lurita Doan , CBP , San Ysidro Port of entry , Jayson Ahern , GSA , Defense , DoD , contracting , SIGAR , Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstr , Susan Collins , Claire McCaskill , Tom Coburn , education , Dick Durbin , NTEU , EPA , Energy , Commerce , Carol Browner , OPM , TSA , SBA , stimulus , small business , State , Treasury , Freddie Mac , Fannie Mae
Colorado VA employee wins grass-roots competition for ideas to save government money; President says contest will be annual affair.
2010 budget request details direction administration is heading
Tags: mngt , Peter Orzsag , White House , OMB , DoD , DHS , Labor , SBA , VA , Census , GAO , IRS , Jon Desenberg , Performance Institute , PART , performance measurement , management agenda , acquisition reform , 2010 budget
Little-noticed order makes hiring incumbent workers mandatory
Interagency team to take 60 days to look at four areas
The White House has started filling some of the key management positions across the government.
The Office of Management and Budgets has issued guidelines for agencies on how to spend the $787 billion stimulus package, but what's next?
White House hosts meeting with 50 CEOs from private sector companies to discuss how to incorporate best practices to make the government more effective and efficient. Chief performance officer Jeff Zients says the ideas from the meeting will be used to help agencies meet their three-to-eight high priority goals in 2010. The administration's goal is to change the way the government uses technology to serve citizens.
Tags: management , technology , Jeff Zients , Scott Gould , Jacob Lew , Bill Lynn , Tony Miller , David Hayes , White House , OMB , VA , DoD , Interior , education , State , management agenda , high priority goals
The White House recently gave 50 of the largest private sector companies' CEOs homework to help the government change the way it uses technology. And now agencies have the tough assignment. We get tips from an industry pro.