Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Baghdad
Of the 300 troops authorized by President Barack Obama, 180 have arrived in Baghdad. Half are advisors and the remaining 90 are setting up an operations and intelligence analysis unit. The Pentagon confirms that Predator drones, armed with Hellfire missiles, are now also being used over the capitol for force protection.
U.S. Marines from the USS Gunston Hall will conduct previously scheduled sustainment training in Kuwait in the coming days. The Marine Corps has conducted sustainment training in Kuwait on a regular basis for two decades. The region is of specific concern because of the terror group ISIL's march toward Baghdad. The Gunston Hall is part of the Bataan Amphibious Ready Group. It departed Norfolk, Va. in February and is operating in the 5th fleet area of responsibility on a routine deployment to support maritime security operations. The deployment of U.S. Navy assets are regularly scheduled and are in accordance with our longstanding commitments to the security and stability of the region.
Iraqai authorities are blaming Syria for the helping those responsible for the August 19th suicide attacks on government ministries in Baghdad that killed about 100 people. The Iraqi government says an alliance of al-Qaida in Iraq and Saddam Hussein loyalists that are based in Syria for the planned it and carried out the attacks. Iraqi officials are demanding that Damascus hand over the two suspected plotters, raising tensions between the two countries. Syria says it had nothing to do with it.