Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: BTA
The Defense Department's new strategic management plan includes changes to the department's previous business goals, as well as new areas DoD plans to focus on in the coming year.
David Wennergren, the Defense Department's assistant deputy chief management officer has inherited a second hat. ennergren's main task in his role as BTA director will be to oversee its closure.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates on Tuesday named David Wennergren, currently DoD's Assistant Deputy Chief Management Officer as the new director of the Business Transformation Agency. His job will be to dismantle it.
The Pentagon's decision to close Joint Forces Command in Norfolk, Va., remains its biggest hot spot in its effort to save $100 billion over the next three years.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , management , technology , William Lynn , Jim Webb , Robert Gates , Carl Levin , Joseph Lieberman , Ashton Carter , John McCain , Senate Armed Services Committee , DoD , Joint Forces Command , Teri Takai , efficiency initiatives , Jason Miller , JFCOM
Some Senate Armed Services Committee members are unhappy with the Pentagon's lack of transparency and inclusion in the decision to close the base. Defense Deputy Secretary Lynn said the Pentagon held almost 30 meetings before concluding that JFCOM needed to be closed. Lynn also offers insight into future of DoD CIO and BTA.
Tags: management , technology , William Lynn , Jim Webb , Robert Gates , Carl Levin , Joesph Lieberman , Ashton Carter , John McCain , Senate Armed Services Committee , DoD , Joint Forces Command , Teri Takai , efficiency initiatives , Jason Miller , JFCOM
Secretary Gates' decision to cut three major offices will result in "a substantial number" of employees and contractors having to find new jobs. The CIO's functions will be split between DISA and ATL. DoD is moving major acquisition oversight to the chief management officer's office.