Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: BRAC
The Air Force expects to cut its end strength by roughly 10,000 under the new DoD strategy the Pentagon revealed last week. Also the Army's service chief indicated DoD plans to ask Congress for two more rounds of base realignments and closures.
Dr. Andrea Morris, BRAC Coordinator for Arlington County in Virgina, talks about the impact of BRAC on local communities.
January 13, 2012(Encore presentation January 27, 2012)
Treasury's building, DoD's Mark Center both get LEED Gold certification. Treasury expects to save $3.5 million by improving how the structures uses energy. DoD expects its new building to use 45 percent less water.
Massive spending bill includes provisions that would cap parking at the controversial office site until DoD implements traffic mitigation measures recommended by the department's inspector general.
Sandy Smith, director of Arlington Virginia's BRAC Transition Center, and Sam Phipps, deputy BRAC coordinator for Arlington County will talk about federal transition services.
November 18, 2011(Encore presentation November 25, 2011)
The complex in Ft. Meade, Md., received the second-highest environmental building certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
Raj Kuchadkar, Deputy Director of the Howard County BRAC Office and the Base Business Initiative (BBI) program joins host Mark Amtower to talk about the BBI program as it enters Phase 3.
October 31, 2011(Encore presentation November 7, 2011)
Combating sprawl has been a major issue in Northern Virginia for the last decade. Now Stafford County, one of the smallest in the region but under the same growth pressure, has taken a new approach.
The new plan to ease congestion along the Interstate 95/395 corridor does not include High Occupancy Toll Lanes in Alexandria and Arlington, but does include a High Occupancy Vehicle ramp from I-395 to Seminary Road, where thousands of defense-related workers are being relocated under BRAC.
A plan to move thousands of federal jobs to Alexandria next year has left Virginia transportation officials looking for a last-minute solution to ease a corresponding commuting crunch.