Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: BRAC
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
The BRAC Commission of 2005 had estimated one- time costs would be $21 billion. The actual cost was $35.1 billion. In contrast, DoD spent $25 billion for the four previous BRAC rounds combined, GAO said.
Agency aims for better metrics to guide future facility closings, consolidations. The FAA has about two weeks to submit a report to Congress with recommendations to close facilities.
Tags: FAA , NextGen , workforce , management , David Grizzle , Air Traffic Organization , Paul Rinaldi , National Association of Air Traffic Controllers , Department of Transportation , inspectors general , Jared Serbu
The creation of sustainable installations will be largely dependent on future base realignment and closures or BRAC, said Dr. Dorothy Robyn, the department's deputy undersecretary for installations and environment.
Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), chairwoman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, voiced her opposition Wednesday to the Defense Department's latest BRAC request, effectively killing the measure.
Department of Defense officials told Congress that if they can't close military bases, they'll have to take more money out of forces, training and modernization.
ClearanceJobs.com managing director Evan Lesser will talk about how the government job market is changing.
March 2, 2012(Encore presentation March 16, 2012)
Tags: workforce , budget cuts , Evan Lesser , ClearanceJobs.com , DoD , DoD cuts , federal hiring , defense contractors , troop withdrawals , Iraq and Afghanistan , cybersecurity , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access
DoD officials say as the number of troops shrink so should their real estate holdings. Lawmakers are wary about reducing troop and bases levels too much, and the expense of the Base Realignment and Closure process.
Tags: DoD , budget , Roscoe Bartlett , Leon Panetta , Michael McCord , James Inhofe , Mac Thornberry , Martin Dempsey , House Armed Services Committee , Senate Armed Services Committee , GAO , Jared Serbu
The personnel proposals included in the 2013 Defense Department budget include hikes to healthcare fees, cutbacks in both uniformed and civilian personnel. DoD also plans to save money through continued efficiencies and plans to increase the acquisition workforce.
The Pentagon begins the process of revealing its budget plan for fiscal year 2013. The proposal includes the scaling back of several weapons systems, savings on personnel costs, along with an assurance from top DoD officials that even though the military will be smaller, it will be more agile and more capable.
Tags: DoD , DoD budget , reversibility , efficiencies , Budget Control Act , sequestration , strategic guidance , Leon Panetta , James Winnefeld , Martin Dempsey , pay and benefit , workforce , Jared Serbu , On DoD , retirement , TRICARE , acquistion workforce , budget , Robert Hale , IT efficiencies