Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: BRAC
The administration expects to submit a legislative proposal to Congress by the end of April outlining how they will create a board to improve the process to dispose of excess property. OMB controller Danny Werfel said the White House will follow DoD's BRAC effort in many ways. Some lawmakers question OMB's leadership in this effort.
Tags: management , Danny Werfel , Eleanor Holmes-Norton , Jeff Denham , OMB , GSA , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , DoD , Anthony Principi , real property , Civilian Property Realignment Act , Jason Miller
Major changes are coming to the entire D.C. Metro Region and WTOP has learned that the upcoming Base Realignment and Closure Plan will impact commuters sooner rather than later.
Revised boundries for the Walter Reed campus have been announced.
The bullet that killed President Lincoln is one of many cool items on the move at the National Museum of Health and Medicine. NMHM's Tim Clarke gives us an update.
Tim Ford, CEO of the Association of Defense Communities, joins host Derrick Dortch for a wide-ranging discussion of BRAC and the opportunities available for those who want to get involved in the process.
March 4, 2011 (Encore presentation June 17, 2011)
Navy Secretary Ray Mabus said there are no plans in place for Base Realignment and Closure starting in 2015.
Dr. Andrea Morris, BRAC Project Coordinator for Arlington County, Va. joins host Derrick Dortch to discuss the latest on how the Base Realignment and Closure process is affecting Arlington County, Va.
February 25, 2011(Encore presentation May 13, 2011)
Chris Core, commentator
We learn about Maryland's effort to ease the way for BRAC from Lt. Governor Anthony Brown.
With all this talk about furloughs and layoffs Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has a timely reminder for politicians: while their target may be waste, red tape and duplication in Washington, people hurt most by government cutbacks live, work and VOTE way outside the beltway.