Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: BGE
The gusts have died down, the fires are out and almost everybody has their power back, but only after serious damage was done by powerful winds that fanned the flames of brush fires across the D.C. area.
Montgomery County Councilmember Roger Berliner is applauding proposed rules that would allow regulators to fine power companies if they don't meet tough new standards, but that the proposal may not go far enough.
If you get a visit or call from someone who says they're with your gas or electric company, keep in mind it might be a scam.
With snow expected, you may want to keep this information handy.
Area consumers may get a welcome break in their utility bills this winter, as a warmer winter forecast may yield double digit savings.
The region's gas providers say they're working every day to prevent pipeline explosions like the one that recently ripped through a California neighborhood.
The dog days of summer may soon be over, but homeowners will likely stay hot under the collar when they see their utility bills.
Heavy rains that rolled through the region early Wednesday caused thousands of power outages and contributed to morning accidents.
Pepco customers who are still without electricity can get estimated restoration times.
Tags: weather , Storms , outages , Pepco , Dominion Virginia Power , Baltimore Gas and Electric , Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative , NOVEC , Southern Maryland Electric Cooperative , SMECO , Joe Rigby , Adrian Fenty
The Maryland Public Service Commission is being called to investigate.