Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: BGE
The gusts have died down, the fires are out and almost everybody has their power back, but only after serious damage was done by powerful winds that fanned the flames of brush fires across the D.C. area.
Montgomery County Councilmember Roger Berliner is applauding proposed rules that would allow regulators to fine power companies if they don't meet tough new standards, but that the proposal may not go far enough.
If you get a visit or call from someone who says they're with your gas or electric company, keep in mind it might be a scam.
With snow expected, you may want to keep this information handy.
Area consumers may get a welcome break in their utility bills this winter, as a warmer winter forecast may yield double digit savings.
The region's gas providers say they're working every day to prevent pipeline explosions like the one that recently ripped through a California neighborhood.
The dog days of summer may soon be over, but homeowners will likely stay hot under the collar when they see their utility bills.
Heavy rains that rolled through the region early Wednesday caused thousands of power outages and contributed to morning accidents.
Pepco customers who are still without electricity can get estimated restoration times.
Tags: weather , Storms , outages , Pepco , Dominion Virginia Power , Baltimore Gas and Electric , Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative , NOVEC , Southern Maryland Electric Cooperative , SMECO , Joe Rigby , Adrian Fenty
The Maryland Public Service Commission is being called to investigate.