Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Association of Government Accountants
How to make sense out of a torrent of data
The Association of Government Accountants wraps up its 4th Annual "Internal Control and Fraud Conference" at the Reagan Trade Center today. AGA members are hearing from members of the federal accounting management community on topics ranging from procurement fraud to auditing. The conference kick-off featured remarks from a federal official currently "on detail" at one of the toughest jobs in the Obama Administration.
The Chairman of House Oversight and Government Reform Committee said Republicans can sound evil during the debate about whether feds are overpaid. But the bigger issue, he said, is the overall HR processes used across government. Issa said agencies need to have a right-size the workforce more easily.
A new survey by Grant Thornton and the Association of Government Accountants found federal financial managers want a new way to present data that is more meaningful. CFOs also said they are starting to take advantage of predictive analysis tools.
The Cooperative Audit Resolution and Oversight Initiative (CAROI) provides today's government officials with a concrete tool to improve programs and to deal with fiscal and programmatic challenges. Rich Rasa with Education's IG's Office explains how it works.